Whitsunday Getaways is an Eco Certified product, operating with minimal impact on the environment whilst providing opportunities to learn about the environment. We are committed to achieving best practice, using resources wisely, contributing to conserving the environment and helping local communities.
What is Eco Tourism?
Eco Tourism encompasses nature-based experiences that increase visitor appreciation and understanding of natural and cultural values. These are experiences that are managed to ensure they are ecologically, economically and socially sustainable, contributing to the wellbeing of the natural areas and local communities where they operate.
Read more: https://www.ecotourism.org.au/
Whitsunday Getaways Eco-Contributions
- We endeavour to be educational as we run small groups tour (under 8 pax) to give a personalised and informative experience
- We minimise the negative impacts on the natural and socio-cultural environment
- Whitsunday Getaways is a local business and supports the community by employing locals, using local services and shopping locally
- We increase awareness towards the conservation of natural and cultural assets, both among locals and tourists
- We minimise waste, recycle and use recycled materials where possible
- We measure and track our emissions footprint annually using the GBRMPA emissions calculator
What you can do to help
- Reduce your carbon footprint and walk when possible
- Do not litter. If you come across rubbish, please take it with you to dispose of accordingly
- Minimise the use of non-reusable waste. Purchase reusable bags, coffee cups, straws, containers etc
- Be conscious of your environment; walk on designated walking tracks, don’t disturb wildlife, or touch corals and marine life (the human touch destroys their
protective coating and can lead to death)
- Use energy responsibility and consider solar power
- Be mindful and minimise water usage